Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors Sdn Bhd (HSDM) today released the pricing of the new Tucson. The new Tucson, which is scheduled to be launched officially next month, will be priced at RM 126,888 (OTR) for the standard 2.0 model, RM136,888 (OTR) for the 2.0 (High Spec), and RM 152,888 (OTR) for the 2.4 the top-of-the-line model.
The new Tucson 2-litre and 2.4-litre engine come with the all-new gasoline Theta-II and are fitted with Hyundai’s new six-speed automatic transmission. The gasoline engine delivers a 12.2 percent gain in fuel economy (10.1km/l versus 9.0km/l) and is 2.5 percent quicker in zero to 100km/h acceleration times (7.8sec versus 8.0 sec). It also delivers an 11 percent improvement in 60km/h to 100km/h overtaking performance (4.0 sec versus 4.5 sec).
Furthermore the unit is maintenance-free: the gearbox is not equipped with a dipstick as it is filled with an automatic transmission fluid that is good for the life of the vehicle thereby reducing maintenance costs.
Named after a city in the U.S. state of Arizona, Tucson has been one of the most popular Hyundai models with more than 1 million units sold worldwide since its launch in 2004.
Some of the notable features of Tucson are as follows:
- 6 Speed Automatic Transmission is Hyundai developed and maintenance free for the life of the vehicle.
- Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing allows the engine to produce 166 PS (122kW) for the 2.0l and 177 PS (130 kW) for the 2.4l Theta II engine.
- Panoramic Sunroof (for the top-of-the-line 2.0 and 2.4 version)
- Smart Key allows for driver convenience when locking or unlocking the vehicle without needing to take out the key from pocket or handbag.
- Engine Start Stop Button allows driver convenience when starting the vehicle without needing to take out the key from pocket or handbag with just a push of a button.
The new Tucson is now available for test drive and viewing at major Hyundai showrooms.
For further enquiries or to place a booking, please call the Customer Careline at 1-300-13-2000.